Aladdin eToken R2 manipulation tool
16 January 2011
is a tool for enumerating, administrating and manipulating
Aladdin eToken R2 tokens.
Table of Contents
will return zero on success. Any other value indicates an error
has occured. (see perror(1))
- Show help message.
- Be verbose.
- List attached tokens.
- Log-in to a token. By default, password is taken from the
terminal. Use -P
to provide password from other sources.
- Log-out of a token.
- Get token status. This is done by looking for a private file on
the token, and attempting to read it. If file is read successfully, the
token is logged-in, otherwise, the token is logged out. Another possibility
is that the token does not contain private files. In this case, the token is
just a storage device, and log-in status does not matter.
When key-manipulation is implemented, this action will try and use 2-factor
keys as well.
- -t token
- Token to operate upon. Use this if more than one
token is attached. token
should be an 8-hexdigits number of the Token
ID of the token. Use -l
to see which tokens are attached.
- -d [path]
- Recursively lists entries under path.
to get more detail. If path
is not given, /3f00
- -r path
- Reads file in path
from token. If -o
given, write token's file to file,
otherwise writes to stdout.
- -P password
- Use password
as login password.
- -p file
- Take login password from file.
will read the first
line in the file, and use it as the token's
- -f file
- Use file
as data input source. '-' indicates
- -o file
- Use file
as data output target. '-' indicates
- -E key
- Encrypt input data using key key.
to control source and target files. Default is to
encrypt stdin to stdout. Encryption mode is CBC, so use -V
an IV, otherwise - an all-zeros IV is used.
- -D key
- Works the same as -E,
- -V IV
- Supply an initialization vector (IV) for CBC mode
is 8 pairs of hexadecimal digits, with no
spaces (e.g.: 0011223344556677).
- Path to objects on the token may or may not be separated with slashes,
i.e., both 3f008000aaaa
- Depending on your system, root privilege may be required to access the